New guidance for employers
HMRC has issued the October 2018 Employer Bulletin which contains a number of articles relevant to employers on payroll related issues.
The articles cover a number of areas including:
- clarification of the rules regarding paying employees when the regular payday is a non-banking day
- dealing with PAYE Settlement Agreements and new procedures to accommodate Scottish income tax rates
- Construction Industry Scheme reminders for contractors
- an update on the Welsh rates of income tax (WRIT) and new tax codes for Welsh taxpayers
- guidance on the correct pay rates for apprentices
- how to apply for advance statutory payment of Maternity, Parental, Paternal or Adoption Pay
- spotlight on umbrella companies
- Real Time adjustments to tax codes and their timing
- closure of childcare vouchers and directly contracted childcare to new entrants from 4 October 2018
- Disguised Remuneration Loan Charge – reporting requirements and
- improving the wellbeing of your employees
For help with payroll matters please contact us.
Internet link: Employer Bulletin
Being immersed in the nitty gritty of tax? Talk to Simon Boxall at Ward Williams who can help with some thorny subjects such as should I let my property furnished or unfurnished? Or when should I do maintenance work?Jeremy Wasden, Director at Belvoir Lettings Uxbridge
Because services have always been reliable and questions are answered and advice given promptly.Ian Macdonald, Macdonald Associates Consultancy
A high level of dedicated personal service and ability to find and recommend solutions and complex questions.Bruce Todd, InCompass International Consultancy Services Ltd.
I have always found Ward Williams team to be responsive and helpful to any questions for advice.Ann Tomsett
We have had a long successful working relationship with Ward Williams over many years.David Warwick, MASDAR (UK) Limited.
Knowledgeable and informative advice. Trustworthy and competent. Very friendly likeable staff. Completely Satisfied.Mrs Ingrid Klinkhamer
I am extremely happy with the service provided and would try to recommend Ward Williams at every opportunity.Michelle McIntyre, Airboe Components Limited.
I have enjoyed a long relationship with Ward Williams and have found you to be very competent at what you do!Bryan Lewis, Media On Demand
To date I have been very satisfied with the service providedDavid Hawkins, Cane Bay PTY Ltd.
Excellent service both personally and as a business.Guy Hewitt, Angelo European Trading (UK) Ltd.
Ward Williams supported my business since shortly after its inception. Phil, Ming and Jamie respond constructively and promptly to any queries that I may have and my dealings with the other staff are always friendly and courteous.Madeline McGill, Senior Executive Selection Coaching & Development Ltd.
Great service from great people. Moving our business to Ward Williams was one of our better decisions.John Yeomans, Champagne Food Ltd.
Friendly, efficient and professional service.Irene Reid, Domains Lettings Ltd.