Ward Williams Group Marketing Coordinator
Weybridge Community Regatta
Ward Williams Chartered Accountants have entered a team of four into this year’s Weybridge Community Regatta.
Date: Friday 24th July 2020
Time: 10:00 am
Location: Elmbridge Canoe Club, Walton Lane, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8LT
The Weybridge Community Regatta is great opportunity for businesses in and around Weybridge to compete with each other in a new way and support the local community.
The regatta is organised by Weybridge Rowing Club, along the beautiful River Thames. The Regatta has been created as a community initiative to give local businesses an opportunity to meet, network and compete in a sporting environment.
A full fun day:
- We kick off with breakfast and welcome at The Old Crown in Weybridge.
- Then down at the river, every team does a 500m time trial in the Desborough Cut and a 2k ergo relay (500m each).
- Lunch is provided and there is plenty of time to network and to make useful links and friends with other local businesses.
- In the afternoon, we will run a side-by-side regatta, again 500m. Depending on the entries we may have events for single sex and mixed teams.
- The day will end with prize giving and tea in the marquee by the river around 5pm.
- Medals are being specially designed for the occasion and will surely become collectors’ items!
- Before the day – two-hour training sessions available to each team, and at least one session is mandatory for each participant. Make it social have a well earned drink afterwards with your team mates.
If you would like any further information on the Regatta, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01932 830664 or visit http://www.weybridgecommunityregatta.co.uk/.